Friday, November 9, 2012

POST ELECTION WAKE UP CALL TO ALL CHRISTIANS

by Kathy (Note: I do not know Kathy. She is a friend of a friend. I received her article by email and got her permission to reproduce it here. It is certainly food for thought.)
 
For those who were too silent on biblical truths these past four years, I fear we are now reaping the devastating harvest of that choice. Generations to come will not know the Truth as a consequence of our silence. 
 
We have sent the message to our country that the following were not important enough issues to speak boldly and publicly about.
 
~You can believe that any desire or sexual perversion is fine and you can redefine God's design for marriage and family so as to accommodate your sinful lusts that God condemns.
 
 ~Any parent can end the life of their child without any shame. Their self-centered plans are what matters and God's plans for that life aren't worth considering.
 
~We can ignore God's authority when He says if you do not work, you do not eat. Government is there to take care of your every need as they redistribute others' wealth as they see fit. (Government takes on the role that God gave to fathers.)
 
~Our stand with Israel against the surrounding Muslim nations can continue to weaken in the powder keg of the Middle East. The importance of America being an ally with Israel, and the blessing that God promised, can be forgotten along with many other biblical truths.
 
The list could go on...
 
What can we as Christians do now? I fear it is only a matter of time before our freedoms to speak God's truth will be taken from us in the name of "hate speech." Because we did not speak as we should have yesterday, we must speak today and keep speaking!
 
So, today, in our homes, our places of work, our neighborhoods, and especially in our CHURCHES, we must take on the fight of this battle for God's truth. Speak out boldly as you never have before on these issues. Don't ever raise the white flag of silence because you fear your government or what others think! Rather, you must renew your reverence for God and have a greater fear of being disobedient to Him and the result that brings. (God will continue to judge our nation as we are already seeing.)
 
God help us to wake up, for our time to speak may be short! Thanks for letting me share what is on my very heavy heart. Keep praying for America!
 
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Um, I'm afraid there might be only like 20 Christians left in the whole country and my father is 93.
    Which is not to say that is not enough, but I have a friend that is gay and he is really a nice guy, and I don't want to hurt his feelings... Plus, Muhammad who owns the Mini-Mart where I get my coffee seems like a really nice guy. He even stocks Pork-Skins so he must not be that devout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent satire. Uh, it was satire, right? But I must say you seem like a nice guy.

      Grace and peace.

      Delete

I welcome your comments. However, since this is a blog rather than an open forum, I will determine what is and what is not posted. All comments, especially anonymous comments, will be scrutinized carefully. I will not post comments that contain profanity or are negative toward the Scriptures, God, Christianity in general, Christian schools, or the United States of America. I also will not post comments that are nothing more than generally uninformed or absurd opinions. In addition, I will not post comments that are totally irrelevant to the subject being discussed. Finally, I will not post comments that are commercial advertisements or advertisements for religious organizations which are in conflict with my biblical convictions.