Saturday, May 16, 2009

Why “Buffalo Noise?”

I guess the best answer to that question is, “Why not?” For some reason, I have always liked buffalo. My wife Janet likes lambs, my friend Ralph likes rhinos, other people like bears, chickens, cows…you name it. I like buffalo. Maybe it is the size and stature of the buffalo. Maybe it is the sound of the word “buffalo.” Who knows? The interesting thing is that the animal we so often think of as a buffalo is really a “bison.” There are other animals more truly called buffaloes, but as far as I am concerned, the American bison is the real buffalo. Besides, “Buffalo Noise” sounds a great deal better (at least in my opinion) than “Bison Noise” for the name of a blog. Of course, most people don’t know the difference between a buffalo and a bison. The actual answer is that a buffalo is a big, powerful, hairy animal, and a bison is what an Australian washes his hands in.

1 comment:

  1. hey teacher, I like your blog.
    Go Lady Warriors!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments. However, since this is a blog rather than an open forum, I will determine what is and what is not posted. All comments, especially anonymous comments, will be scrutinized carefully. I will not post comments that contain profanity or are negative toward the Scriptures, God, Christianity in general, Christian schools, or the United States of America. I also will not post comments that are nothing more than generally uninformed or absurd opinions. In addition, I will not post comments that are totally irrelevant to the subject being discussed. Finally, I will not post comments that are commercial advertisements or advertisements for religious organizations which are in conflict with my biblical convictions.